Pro’s & Con’s of Following Your Dreams
We all have dreams that we have been carrying with us for years or that has been ignited in our heart recently. I believe that for most of us, our dreams are one of the main reasons that we manage to not give up on life or on people. Our dreams are a source of hope and as long as we have hope, we can conquer mountains.
Although we ALL have dreams, it is fair to say that we all have a dream that is unique to us. Some of us dream about having a family, while others dream about impacting as many lives as possible.
Some people dream about having their own company, while others dream about changing the face of the company where they are employed.
It is important to remember that there is no such thing as a bigger dream and a smaller dream, as each dream is given to the exact person that can turn the dream into a reality. We are all equipped with exactly what will be needed to make a dream come true.
Following your dreams is not always smooth sailing. Some days you will feel as if you have conquered the world, while on other days you will feel as if you have not achieved a thing.
Pro’s of following your dreams:
- There is a sense of fulfillment that comes with following your dream that you will not find in any gym, casino, club, spa or “feel-good” place.
- Being able to follow your dream ignites another part of your heart which makes you feel alive in a way that you have never felt before.
- There is absolutely nothing that can match the feeling of having a dream and achieving it. You literally feel on top of the world
- By following your dream, you tend to motivate others to do the same. Thus, you inspire others on your journey and the people that you meet are just amazing.
- You learn a lot about yourself when you follow your dreams. You become aware of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Following your dreams is the quickest way to see who your true friends are that love you unconditionally and that are willing to stand with you through the trials and errors.
Con’s of following your dreams:
- If you succeed, you succeed publicly and if you fail, you fail publicly. Whenever you put yourself out there, you also allow yourself to be vulnerable, because everyone becomes spectators to your successes and your failures.
- There is nothing as embarrassing as failing. Following your dreams and for it to then not work out, is a bitter pill to swallow, but if you’re open to personal growth, you can go back to the drawing board and your set-backs can become your comebacks.
- In the pursuit of your dreams, you will lose a lot of people that you love, because they are just not destined to journey with you until the end and that is ok.
In my opinion the pro’s will always outweigh the con’s. I will be willing to face all the con’s if it means that I can have a glimpse of my dream becoming a reality.
Never give up on the dreams that has been placed in your heart by the One who created you. You will be a force to be reckoned with and you will change the world.
You will be a history maker and a planet shaker.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jer. 29:11